Seeking a position to utilize & contribute 34+ years of electrical construction, maintenance, and service industry experience with an emphasis on electronic security systems and operations management
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Security systems specialist with experience in access control, security, fire & CCTV systems
* Extensive knowledge & understanding, designing, installing, maintaining & troubleshooting: AC/DC high & low voltage configurations, remote control, PLC, cabling, estimating, test instruments, Ohms Law & theory, electrical construction & maintenance, related hardware, building construction, blueprint interpretation
* Responsible for inventory control: Using industry knowledge, Oracle software tracking, financial data & custom tailoring to meet needs of customer & company
* Manage multiple technicians & processes providing service for 15 counties in NYS
* Customer service professional: Takes ownership to address & resolve internal/external customer issues
* Utilize various reporting tools including profit & loss report to achieve customer, corporate, associate & personal goals
* Provide a hands-on approach in fast paced & changing environments to resolve complex issues, complete projects & provide service exceeding corporate & customer expectations from a financial & quality standpoint in a timely manner
* Ability to interpret or draft & disseminate technical information, procedures & policies
* Experience with Microsoft & Oracle products
* Intuitive technical & mechanical aptitude
* Progression promoted 5 positions in 24 yrs
* Build & maintain a customer retention rate above 90%
* Operate department under budget by at least 15%
* Recipient of several awards for outstanding customer service
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
* AOS & AS degree Electrical Construction & Maintenance, Technical Studies
* High school & vocational trade school graduate in Electrical Trades
* Security industry manufacturer product training: Honeywell, GE, Tyco
* Internal corporate leadership workshops, business ethics & customer service training
* OSHA 10 Certified
Operations/Service Manager ADT Security Services, Inc. Albany, NY 1997-2010
Service Supervisor ADT Security Services, Inc. Albany, NY 1994-1997
Master Technician ADT Security Services, Inc. Albany, NY 1992-1994
Leadman ADT Security Services, Inc. Albany, NY 1989-1992
Installer ADT Security Services, Inc. Albany, NY 1986-1989
US Army Corps of Engineers Troy, NY 1983-1986
References available upon request.
Due to a corporate restructure my position of Operations/Service Manager was eliminated in the Albany, NY branch office. I am actively seeking employment in a maintenance or environment with an emphasis on electrical systems contributing to the success of the business of my employer and clients. Review of my credentials will confirm that I served as a catalyst for successful customer service, teamwork, project management and business operation, complimented by high-caliber general management qualifications resulting in exceptional value to external and internal customers.
I have provided outstanding leadership performance resulting in consistently operating a customer service maintenance department 115%-126% above budget of 100%; Created customer loyalty and maintained customer retention to average above 90% for last 12 yrs; Achieved 102%-106% above goal of 100% time and material billing; Managed 10 technicians to perform services in 15 counties in NYS for a multi-million dollar customer base including: residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, financial, local, state and federal government. In addition my department was tasked with handling projects on a constant basis, all of which were completed in a cost effective timely manner while maintaining the high level of service the clients expected and deserved.
Other highlights of my background that may be of interest to you include:
• Creative problem-solving and analytical skills combined with P&L management and infrastructure development experience
• Keen instincts to quickly effect change and improvement with key expertise in visualizing, designing and executing business process to enhance customer and company expectations.
• Proven multi-tasking capabilities with strong ability to plan, prioritize, and manage complex projects and challenges under aggressive timelines.
• Excellent research and analysis skills with extensive experience in data collection, technical document interpretation and records management.
• Strong leadership, “team player” attitude and spirit, and the natural ability to gain consensus among cross-functional lines.
As described, I am seeking a career in a challenging and growing environment and would very much appreciate the opportunity for a personal interview. Please find my resume attached. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thomas G. Jones
Year of Birth
Name & Surname
Thomas G Jones
City & State
954 Sterling Ridge Drive